0871 numbers allow your business to earn money from every call received on the 0871 number. It is advisable that notices are made to your customers about the rates, while also noting that this is not a premium rate number, it is a higher priced number to call.
0871 numbers cost up to 13p per minute to call, plus an access charge, set by the callers provider.
Most of our customers use 0871 numbers for technical support lines or lines that they want to discourage callers (due to the cost to call). Rebates of up to 5.5p per minute are available on 0871 numbers and this is paid on a monthly basis by BACS or cheque. Please note that the 0871 number that you purchase must be registered with PhonePayPlus (the UK regulator for premium rate numbers) and advertising the number must conform to their standards.
If you have any call queuing on the 0871 number then you must inform the customer of the average waiting time (we can set this recording up for you).
Advertising Your 0871 Number
Advertising 087x numbers now requires you to make it clear to your customers about the cost to call (as of 1st July, 2015).
We will make you aware of your 'cost to call' on order completion, but if you have an existing number with us and don't know your 'cost to call', please call us on 0207 760 7600.
Example Message: "Calls will cost up to 13 pence per minute, plus your phone company's access charge."
What to Expect From Your 0871 Number:
- Informative - Every single customer will receive a fully itemised bill which shows them the amount of calls received on their 0871 number, the persons number who has called, graphs which identify the busiest times and breakdown of cost. We itemise every single call so that you have clarity of our costs and so that we can not hide any hidden charges.
- Reliability – Every 0871 number we provide will be delivered using the best carrier networks in the UK. We currently use BT, Vodafone and TalkTalk Business for all of our 0871 numbers which should give you comfort in the fact that they are best 3 networks.
- Freedom – As we do not ask you to sign any long term contract for your 0871 number you are free to move at any stage. We are so confident in our service that we do not need to lock you in at all. Most customers who choose an 0871 number from us, stay with us for a very long time!
- Savings – 0871 numbers are not as expensive as they used to be and costs are still in decline. Our promise to you is that we will monitor costs and ensure that you are always on the best possible price.
- Innovation – Most companies just want to point a 0871 number to another landline which is easy. Our additional features will allow you to do almost anything you want with your number. To see what options you have with your 0871 number please visit our additional features page.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Long Will My 0871 Number Take to Go Live?
Your 0871 number should be live in minutes if your payment has cleared successfully.
Can a 0871 Number Be Called From Abroad?
Most countries will route the call to your 0871 number but it is not guaranteed. There is no official list of countries that will route calls back to a UK 0871 number. If you are looking to advertise a phone number abroad please call us on 0207 760 7600 and we will be able to advise you of your best option.
Gold 0871 Numbers – Why Is the Price Higher?
Memorable 0871 numbers are like gold dust. It is similar to the DVLA and car registrations. Companies need memorable 0871 numbers to either allow them to stand out from their competition or to place into radio and TV adverts. The memorable number allows the consumer to remember the number during a very short advert. As numbers are running out, the price starts to climb.
Can People Still Call Me on My Landline Number When the 0871 Is Diverted to It?
Yes. The 0871 number will sit on top of your existing phone number. People will still be able to call your landline or mobile and the 0871 number will not interfere with any existing service that you have.
When I Call Outbound Will People See the 0871 number As My Phone Number?
No, but you can speak to your existing phone line provider about adding a service called CLIP (Calling Line Identity Presentation) to your existing landline. This will allow you to call out and present your 0871 number as your phone number.
How Can I Pay For My 0871 Number?
We can take most credit cards (including American Express), PayPal, Direct Debit, BACS and Cheque.
Do You Have an Online Portal to Manage My 0871 Number?
Yes. We have an online portal that will allow you to manage where your 0871 number is pointed to. The online portal costs a little extra, but it is packed with additional benefits. Please see our additional services page.
Benefits of Buying a 0871 Number:
- Easy to Remember - It will make it easier for your customers to remember your 0871 number and contact you. Most of our customers use memorable 0871 numbers as a general enquiries line or for customer service centres.
- Based at Home in Your Study? - Having a memorable 0871 number may make you look significantly larger than you actually are.
- Don’t Be Embarrassed About Your Location - Memorable 0871 numbers disguise the geographic location of your business.
- A Number That Moves With You - If you ever move you can take your 0871 number
with you (anywhere in the world!).
- Earn Money From 0871 Numbers - enjoy a revenue share on the calls you receive in the 0871 number is pointed to a UK landline.
- Online Control - You will have the capability to change where the 0871 number
is pointed to using our online portal.
- Real Time Marketing Reports – Use multiple numbers in different adverts to
that you can track the amount of calls you are receiving. We can even play a greeting
when you pick up the call that says "this is a call from the Yellow Pages" if necessary
- Disaster Recovery – In the unlikely event of an issue at your office you
can take some comfort that your calls can be routed to another location immediately.
What Our Customers Say About Us:
- "We paid £5 for our 0871 number and have never received a bill since. In fact every month we get a statement showing us how much we are going to get paid and how many calls we have received on the 0871 number."
- "We have purchased 10 x 0871 numbers for our advertising. It only cost us £50 and we place one number in Yell.com, one on our website and the rest across local adverts in the paper. When we get our report it shows us which 0871 numbers have been called so that we can tell if our advertising is working for us."
- "We ordered our 0871 number on Friday afternoon at 2.30 and it was live by 2.32. We had a call from City Numbers to confirm – fantastic service!"
If you have any questions regarding our 0871 number service please feel free to contact us. We can be called on 0207 760 7600, you can SKYPE US or use our online live chat.
About 0871 Numbers
Memorable 0871 numbers are mainly used by companies who wish to generate an income
from people calling them. It is used mainly for support lines, after sales, technical
assistance fax to email and many other applications.